Monday, May 23, 2011

A Run Down Memory Lane

Silly Lucas with a shirt on his head.

The weather has been incredible, which means eating on our patio is a must.  We were fortunate enough to have a fantastic meal with our dear friends who lost their precious baby a month ago.  They are doing remarkably well considering the circumstances.  It was such a pleasure to spend time with them and to see them laugh and smile.  God is good.

Steve and I have embarked on a new running program.  We started running, or a fast walk as I like to say, several weeks ago.  I couldn't handle it.  I had to walk five minutes into it.  I was hot, I was tired, I was giving EVERY excuse to not do it.   No big deal you say.  Well, three short years ago, I, Ang Hayes used to run six, yes, SIX miles a DAY with a long run of between eight to ten miles on either Saturday or Sunday.  So not being able to run a mile without wanting to die is a HUGE deal for me.   I'm happy to report we have been running three miles nightly and today we did the big F-O-U-R miles!!!  Oh how it feels so good to be running again.  I told Steve on numerous accounts, 
"I'm not a runner."  
"Yes you are Honey, just give it some time."  Well, he's right...it's coming back to me.  The mere thought of six miles daily becoming my routine again does seem out of the question at this point, but I know with Steve's encouragement, I'll be there again.  And besides, I need to be the "fit mom" at the pool this summer!!

1 comment:

  1. Good job and good luck on the running! Do you take Lucas in a baby jogger? I'm sure he loves it if you do! Boy is he getting bigger and cuter. We need to catch up in person before he is old enough to drive a car...
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete