Friday, June 10, 2011

Cold Days

Our strawberry with an extra member

Today the girls and I went to the pool while Lucas stayed home and napped with Steve and Anthony went to the Boy's and Girl's Club.  The pool was rather warm, but once the girls got out, it was bitter cold.  I sat on a lawn chair and watched while they swam.  I had goosebumps it was so cold!  I couldn't take it any longer.  I called for the girls and we headed home.  Although the pool's only about half a block from our house, that walk was beyond cold for the girls...being wet and all.  
I realize it's still Spring, but it's June for crying out loud!  Windy, rainy, and just plain miserable most of our days.  I shouldn't complain I know, because when it starts to get really hot, I'll be wishing it was much cooler.

Winco has their strawberries on sale for $.99 a pound.  I couldn't pass up such a great deal so I bought three pounds.  While cleaning them today, I discovered a "special" one.  The kids and I had a good laugh over it.  

Tomorrow is Saturday which means garage sales!  The kids and I will head out bright and early to see what deals are to be had...wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment