Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fun Filled Day

Our painting project.

Lucas getting his toes wet.

Enjoying the beautiful Boise River.



Today the girls and I painted a river rock from our yard with leftover paint from a project.  It was hard to decide what to paint on the rock.  Julie wanted her name, Lauren wanted my name, and I wanted our family name.  Looks like I won!  Julie helped pick out the order of the colors, Lauren made sure I was doing it correctly.

Later we headed to the greenbelt to ride bikes.  It was hot, hot, hot!  We spent a majority of our afternoon on our bikes.  Lauren quickly tired and wanted inside the bike trailer with Lucas.  We parked our bikes and played in the river for a bit, then headed to the truck...we were tired and in need of the shade.

After dinner, the girls and I decided to go to the horse races for a couple of hours.  Julie had never been and since she loves horses, I thought it would be fun for her.  I explained to her how the betting works, why the people stand and look at the horses before the race, why paramedics race behind the horses during the race, and even why they serve alcohol!  We had a great time, but it was too hot to stay any longer and stay happy.

Long hot tiring day for the Hayes'.  Time for baths and bed.  Supposed to get close to 100 tomorrow, looks like it'll be a pool day.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are staying busy this summer! Your hair looks great!I can't believe Lucas is 10 months. It has been too long since we have seen you and the kids. WE really hope your family will come to church with us next week. It should be great!
    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete