Sunday, July 3, 2011

Leaving On a Jet Plane

Trying to climb into the suitcase.


Tomorrow is America's birthday!  Happy birthday!  It's also the big day...Lucas' very first plane ride.  We are headed to the big city of L.A. to visit Aunt Mo and Uncle Jim.  I do have an issue when it comes to flying:

The Plane Will Go Down.

I know it's an awful thing to say, but hey, when your anxiety level of flying is as high as mine, nothing but disaster enters my mind.  Then on top of my anxiety, I have no idea how Lucas will do.  He may decide to pull the lady's hair in the seat in front of ours.  He may decide to have a dose of stinky diarrhea and the smell permeates the plane.  He may scream bloody murder the entire time.  Or as my optimistic husband likes to say, "He will do just fine, it's you we need to worry about."

I want to say I'll be the perfect picture mom on the plane, snapping away at Lucas, gaining memories for him to see when he gets older, but I'm afraid there will be other things on my mind.  Such as...why didn't we just drive? 

Get over it Ang, things will be great.  Yes, yes, I know, they will be.  I'm looking forward to seeing the Hollywood sign, window shopping on Rodeo Drive, spending time with family, and having a wonderful vacation while celebrating the 4th of July.

Here's to a safe and fun 4th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment