Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pressing Thought For the Day

The early morning is when I have my best "Ah Ha" times.  It's a time to enjoy the quiet of the day.  It's also a beautiful time to watch the sun come up, hear the birds, and chickens cluck in my case, and to have a mind that is well rested from the chaos from the day before.

A pressing thought I've been having lately is about my attitude.  I have always had the "only child syndrome."  By that I mean the spoiled, I want it I get it attitude, and the world revolves around me.  I know, you're an only child and you never acted like that.  Well good for you, but unfortunately I did.

Attitude I've been told, is all about what you make of it.  You can choose to have a great, not so great, or just plain awful attitude towards life and it's forthcomings.  I am human, have a blended family, deal with four children, have a husband who doesn't always give me my way, a house full of chores daily, and the regular duties as a mom/woman I am faced with everyday.

All of the above mentioned I chose for myself.  I was given actually.  I am proud to be able to say I have the full plate I do.  I'm honored to have been blessed with a wonderful husband and four awesome kids.  But I think my attitude needs to change.  I look at the mother and fathers who struggle with the inability to conceive, yet I'm complaining about how my kids annoy me at times.  I look at the women who are divorced, out of work, living on the system, yearning for just one job interview in the hopes of a job, so she can remove herself from the welfare trap.  But yet again, I complain at times that there's not enough money in the household budget for me to get the Coach purse I've been dreaming about for the past four years.  There are parents who have discovered their child has a birth defect, a shorten lifespan, or even worse, they've lost their child all together.  Yet I complain about the lack of respect I receive some days from my own children.  There are families living on the streets, getting their meals from shelters, yet I have the audacity to complain because my tv doesn't have the best reception.

The list goes on and on with the pitfalls in life.  The real pitfalls.  Not the measly ones I seem to gripe about that are beyond petty in nature.

We have our goals in life to become more physically fit.  To be better at a sport we somehow couldn't grasp as a child and yet somehow we will as an adult (ah, see, poor attitude there...dang it!)  But my goal is to have a different attitude...a better attitude.  Remind myself when things seem really bad, awful, or just downright not fair, there's plenty of reasons I need to suck it up and be thankful I have the blessings I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment