Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First Day of School

The crew ready for their first day.

Getting ready to go into class.

Bye Lauren, have a great first day!!

Today was the first day of school for the 2011-2012 school year.  And it was Lauren's first day of ALL day kindergarten!
She was so excited to finally be starting "real" school.  
All of the parents lined up outside of Mrs. Kearns' class and gave their last hugs, kisses, and good-byes to their children.  There were mothers with full blown crying attacks, some with tissues dabbing their eyes, and moms like me..."Eh, it's the third one, get on in that class girl!"
Never the less, I was excited for her.  I am thrilled she gets to be part of something that both Anthony and Julie are involved in.  She's excited to get to ride the school bus too!  And also excited to fill that backpack with "homework."
Here's to a great first day kids!
My only issue is all the extra time I'm going to have on my hands.  Guess Lucas and I will become real good pals.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment