Saturday, August 6, 2011

Phone's Gone to the Fish

Julie's trying to potty train her ten month old brother.

Today was hot, even at 9:00 in the morning.  The kids and I walked over to the Stark's for a morning walk.  We walked by a house for sale in our neighborhood for a low price of $499K!  Not too much of a price tag if you ask me. :)  The house was magically unlocked and staged as well!  We all walked through this house with our jaws hanging a little too open.  This home spared no details, that's for sure.
After we left, the kids headed to the fire station next door to the Stark's.  They rode their bikes around for a bit before we left for home.  The fireman came out and chit chatted with us for a bit...they seemed a little bored.  Bored fireman?  Does that even exist?  I suppose in Eagle it does.

After lunch and a little nap, we headed to drop off zucchini bread to two more new neighbors.  The first house we stopped at is the home of Eagle's former mayor, the Merrill's, or Nancy Merrill and her husband.  The second house belongs to the Merrill's daughter and family.  I love my family, but not sure I'd want them only a lot away.  If the weeds continue to stay as tall as they are, I might consider. :)  Both families are great and so friendly!  Next was the pool.  The kids had a ball today!  It's been over a week since we've been, and it was much needed today.  
We got home and I grabbed my phone out from the bike trailer/stroller.  To my surprise, it was soaked!  One of my lovely kids shoved their wet pool toy in with my phone.  I'm now left with a phone that is a toy for Lucas.  At first I panicked.  Now not having it for the last four hours, I'm doing okay.  The withdrawls were hard at first, but I'm doing alright.  It's funny how we ever lived without them in the first place.  Guess that's one way to get a new phone.

Julie is trying to potty train Lucas.  At first I thought it was a joke, but now I'm starting to think she's for real.  
"Mom, I will teach him, not you or Steve...me."

I say what a swell idea.  I'll even pay you in the end if you're successful in teaching him.  I'll keep you updated.

The kids and I are headed out to Parma tonight to go watch Cars 2 at the drive in.  It's been over fifteen years since I've been to a drive in...when the one on Fairview and Maple Grove was still around.   I'm excited to share this experience with the kids.  Just wish Steve was home to enjoy it with us as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment