Saturday, October 1, 2011

One of Those Days...

Anthony not feeding the geese sparingly.

Check out Lauren's outfit...what in the world?!

Old stale bread goes to the ducks and geese, not you!


She got hot and shed one of her many layers.

Beautiful sky shot...compliments of Miss Juliebelle.


Yeah, it was one of those days.  I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and wasn't prepared for today.  I had planned on taking the kids to the park to go feed the ducks since we had hot dog and hamburger buns left over from Lucas' party.  
Steve left for work and the minute the door shut behind him, the kids were up and ready to go!  At 6:30 am, I like to gradually start my day with coffee, a little time to open the ol' eyes, and time to myself.  Wasn't happenning this morning.

Breakfast finished and cleaned up, showers taken and kids ready to head out the door.  We loaded everything in the car and headed out.  That's when it started.  The fighting.  The continual bickering back and forth.  The continual annoying whining coming from the mouths of my children.  Lucas just sat there...good boy.  After the worst trip ever to Big Lots, I headed back to the car with the crew...fighting and picking on one another still occurring.  I called Grandma Collie and we headed over to her place.  

Grandma Collie treated us to a great Mexican lunch, then we headed to the park downtown to get rid of all of our bread.  Wow, those birds can eat!  Lucas had fallen asleep in the car, so I decided to let him stay quiet and happy in the car while we fed the birds.  

We dropped Grandma Collie off at her house and we headed home.  It was mandatory orders by me that all of the kids have some sort of quiet time when we got home.  The much needed hour of quiet was very welcomed by tired out Mom.  My time was interrupted by Lucas declaring his nap was over and someone better come remove him from his crib.  

The rest of the evening was taken up by Mom making the world's WORST sugar cookies.  How does that happen?  I really don't know, but it happened.  The kids even said those were the worst cookies ever made...by anybody, let alone you Mom.  Great, I struck out.  The rest of the batter went straight down the incinerator and the cookies straight to the garbage.  Ingredients not well used.

Lucas is now asleep, the kids all in their pj's, and me, well I'm headed to the bath for a moment or two of just silence.  It's been too long since silence has been welcomed as much as it was today.  I think it's my new favorite sound these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment