Saturday, November 12, 2011

Being Thankful

As Thanksgiving is fast approaching; being thankful is on my mind...a lot...maybe too much.

There's much to be thankful for in my life.  And in yours too I'm sure.  

Today, I'm thankful for my warm bathrobe I'm sitting in.  My cup of warm joe next to me isn't too bad either.

I'm thankful for my children.  Even though our relationship has it's issues, I still get to watch them grow and am thankful to be their mom.

Thankful for my supportive, loving, caring, husband.  He seems to always be there for me...always...even when I want him to go away.

My mother-in-law...thankful for her dedication, love, and support to this family.  Thank you doesn't seem like enough sometimes, but "thank you."

My dad, yes, thankful to him for being the silent rock only a phone call away.  Your road has been a rocky one Dad, but I'm thankful you're still here to walk down it.

Thankful for the true friends I have.  The friends who I know I can count on no matter the time, day, or occasion.  You are the family I have chosen.

And I am thankful for my mom.  I am thankful she chose life for me.  Thank you for being my defender, my confidant, and my friend as I grew to the woman I am today.  As you are struggling, it is me who will defend you, be your confidant, and your friend.  I will not leave your side and I am thankful for you Mom.

There is so much more to be thankful for...in my life alone, but the important "things" are what come to mind.  They place their precedence on my list today.

I want to know, what are you thankful for?






No comments:

Post a Comment