Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday Fun

Lucas and his buddy Ethan.
Playing with Thomas and his friends.
No need for a caption here.



Today the kids went back to their dad's house for the week.  I always dread Friday for that reason alone.  I usually get the awful feeling in the pit of my stomach Thursday afternoon.  I hope their week is filled with fun even if they're not with me.

My girlfriend Kayla needed a sitter for her son Noah today.   I volunteered and took him along on our day's adventure.  (Not much of an adventure, but included him in our Friday plans.)

After I dropped the kids off at school, Noah, Lucas, and I met my girlfriend Barbara and her son Ethan at Just Kid'n Around.  JKA is an enormous building devoted to just kids.  There are gigantic slides, dress up costumes, a mini rock climbing wall, miniature shopping carts, play food, baby dolls, and of course, Thomas the Train...and all of his friends.  It was Lucas' first time going to JKA.  Actually, he went a lot right after he was born; I took Lauren there quite a bit when they first opened, but he just laid around and slept threw the excitement.  Lucas had a blast today though!  We have now found our new favorite Fall/Winter hangout.  Noah had a great time dressing up as a fireman, Nascar driver, and Buzz Light Year.
After our playdate came to an end, the boys and I went home for lunch.  Lucas took his usual nap, then awoke to find Noah wanting to play peek-a-boo with him.  Lucas hasn't laughed that hard in a long time.  He really likes Noah.  Must be the five year old boys' humor that he's attracted to.

The boys and I decided to make pumpkin bread right before dinner.  I made two loaves of pumpkin bread, and a tray of twelve muffins.  The muffins were done before the loaves, so I put the full tray of muffins outside on top of the BBQ to cool so the boys could eat them sooner.  I went back not five minutes later to discover the "Beast" had jumped up on the BBQ and knocked down the tray of muffins.  I was furious!!!  Noah started to laugh, which then in turn got Lucas laughing.  My fury faded quickly as I witnessed the boys getting so much joy out of the pumpkin muffin mishap.  Beethoven's punishment won't come from me yelling at him, spanking him, or giving him the cold shoulder.  Oh no...it'll come from his diarrhea he gets about six hours later.  Sorry...you beast!

Noah went home and Lucas and I had dinner.  After dinner I saw he was rubbing his eyes, so we headed upstairs with his bottle and blankie.  My favorite time of night.  Just my boy and me, rocking, and getting to hear his sweet breathing as he falls asleep in my arms.  I'm sad this day will come to an end...someday.  For now, I'll just enjoy every moment I have with my precious baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment