Monday, December 19, 2011

Antique China

Place setting for 12.

Beautiful design...for antique dishes.

I was blessed to have received my grandmother's china from years ago.  She passed away shortly after I was born.  I am guessing the china is around 35-40 years old...antique dinnerware!  

After hand washing each piece of beautiful fine china, I had to admire the stack that was created.  I feel so fortunate to be able to serve Christmas dinner to my family on this china that is so special.  

You hear stories of passed down china from families that never gets used.  My plans are to use the heck out of these dishes.  There's Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Thanksgiving, and even birthday dinners to look forward to.  The only problem...I have to hand wash them.  There goes the functionality of my two dishwashers!  It's worth the extra hands in the soap.  I know my mom is smiling at my effort to make family dinner time so special.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment