Friday, December 30, 2011

Crayon Maker

Old crayons

Waiting in anticipation!

All ready to be transformed.

The melted goodness.

The finished product.




The other day, the girls and I, Lucas too, made new crayons for them all to color with.  Since Lauren received an abundance of new crayons for Christmas, we decided to take her old crayons and make them new again.
For anyone who has ever tackled this feat....beware!  The most difficult part was peeling the paper off of these bad boys.  The crayon factory must use super glue to adhere the paper to the crayon.
After what seemed like hours of our time, crayon bits under our fingernails, crayons in our teeth, (yes, we ALL resorted to using our teeth to speed up the process) and sore fingers, we finally arrived at the stage we were so looking forward to!
After the 20 minutes of baking, the crayons came out of the oven and were left to cool for a bit.  They were then popped out and ready to color with.
Julie grabbed a crayon, put it to the paper and repeated these hurtful, heart wrenching words,
"Mom, these crayons don't color very well.  I think we'll use the new ones instead."
After all of that work and after all of that time spent trying to make new found crayons and that is what my Juliebelle has to say?  Yep, that would be her.
Well you know what, I enjoy using them.  And I enjoy the time we spent making them.  I think they look pretty cool.

A new year is just around the corner.  I am SO looking forward to a new year.  I am NOT, I repeat, NOT making any resolutions.  Why, so I can fail miserably and then feel guilty?  Instead, I'm going to try to make the best of my days.  More time spent with the Lord, more exercise, more quality time spent with my babies, and more constructive communication with the love of my life.  If I fail to do the above mentioned daily, then oh well, start anew the next day.  But I feel when I make it a "resolution", there's much more pressure on me and the failure rate is higher.  
So going into the new year, I feel great about my days ahead!  I'm looking forward to putting the old behind me and reaching for the good, new, and exciting before me!

No comments:

Post a Comment