Thursday, December 15, 2011

Easel of a Deal

Merry Christmas LoLo!!


I have been looking and looking for weeks now for the perfect art easel for Lauren for her Christmas gift.  That girl is in love with coloring, drawing, and making pictures that adorn the side of the fridge!

After looking at Toys R Us, Walmart, Target, Kmart, and even craft supply stores, I found this particular art easel of all places on Craigslist!  I couldn't bear to pay $40, even $50 for an easel that's made of plastic.  I found this great, gently used one for $15.  It is perfect in every way...including the price.  One side is a chalkboard, the other is a white erase board.  It also came with magnetic letters/numbers and an eraser.  Steve and I are so excited for her to see her Christmas present.  I just hope I can wait that long to give it to her.

The Hayes family is getting over/beginning some nasty colds.  Lucas developed a rather high fever a few days ago...worried the heck out of Mom and Dad.  After day three, his temperature gradually came down to where it needs to be.  He's now left with a crusty nose and a bad attitude!  The three older kids are starting to complain of sore throats.  Uh oh!  Steve and I are past the sore throats and onto the stuffy head/nose combo.  Guess this is all par for the course come this time of year.

Tonight we have planned to take a trip around our beautiful city of Boise and go look at Christmas tree lights.  After dinner, we'll all load up into the car and express more "Ooohs and Aaahs" than we know what to do with.  Since our budget is getting tighter (and it's only the 15th of the month) we'll have our hot chocolate at home versus Starbucks this year.  I'll make it up to the kids...I'll add an extra dose of whipped cream.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment