Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Aunt Mo's Visit

Beautiful Idaho sunrise

Another great family gathering.


This past weekend, Aunt Mo came in for a visit.  We decided to head to McCall overnight on Saturday, and that's just what we did.
Our drive up there was so beautiful, minus a couple feet or two of snow.  That's alright, made for safer driving. :)  We all had such a great time...minus Lucas who was a, "I'm almost one and a half and I'm going to throw a mild to severe tantrum pretty much anywhere I go."   Side note:  That child is next to impossible to go out to eat with.  
We drove around the small town, checked out Whitetail's resort, and pondered which mansion of a cabin we'd purchase when we hit the big jackpot.  And on our way out back to Boise on Sunday, I had breakfast with the bestie...Jocelyn.  Steve and his family told me to join her solo...no Lucas, so we could actually enjoy our visit.  Oh, thank you so much!!  We had a fantastic visit indeed.

Sunday when we arrived back home, we had all of the family over for Sunday dinner.  What a good time that was.  Great food, great conversation, and great memories to be had.  Can I tell you how much I LOVE Sunday dinners?  So much indeed, Steve and I host one every week he's not working at the station.  Just wish Aunt Mo was here to join us every week.

Her visit ended on a high note...breakfast!  Yes, Lucas joined us...he was rather compliant this go around as long as you were shoving eggs or fruit into his mouth.
We said our "see ya laters" to Aunt Mo, shed a few tears, and went about starting our day.  
It was great to have her here and wished we could see more of her.  I know we have the option of flying to L.A. anytime, but I prefer her coming here...that's one less flight my family has to endure with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment