Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Fork to Mouth

He really loves his princess fork
Good job Lucas!


He's only fourteen months I say.  
Still on two bottles a day.  
Still gets whatever he wants, whenever he wants.
And can't eat with a fork or a spoon.


I give him the bottles twice a day because he enjoys them.  Yes, I know, he should be done with that habit, but I just can't do it.  Actually, I know it's going to be too hard to get him off, so I'm lazy...truth be told.

And he gets whatever he wants and whenever because I don't want to listen to the tantrum that will ensue if I don't give him his way.  Yes, this I know too will create a B-R-A-T (As Mama Gail would spell out in front of Lauren, but she knew it wasn't something nice being spelled out about her by the look on Mom's face)  But yet again, I'm too lazy to nip it in the bud now, when it's actually easier than each month that passes and he risks becoming more of a B-R-A-T.

And the fork part, well he's getting there.
Okay, I admit it, like it's a horrible, downright bad thing, but I'm too much of a clean freak to let my child feed himself.  I don't want the plate on the floor, the entree' smeared all over the wall within his reaching distance, and I sure don't want the food chucked across my amazingly clean, beautiful, hickory hardwood floors that I clean daily.
Yeah, I know, what a hoot of a mom huh?  Before you judge, I did allow the kid to eat with his sister's pink princess fork, while the food, lasagna of all foods, was sitting on a glass plate.
He did great!  The food either went into his mouth, or stayed on the plate.  I was so proud of him!  And when he didn't want to release his tiny fat fingers from the pink fork when we were finished, that made me chuckle.  Of course, that's not going to be allowed by Dad anymore.  I'm sure we're headed to buy new forks today for Little Man.  I'm sure something with heroes on it...like a fireman or maybe even a policeman.

No comments:

Post a Comment