Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Table Rock Goodness

Lucas enjoying his ride up with Daddy
The top...yay we made it!


Amanda and me.  Her first time to the top.

Yesterday afternoon was sunny and glorious in the potato state.  Steve, Lucas, and I decided to go hike Table Rock and asked our friend/neighbor, Amanda to come along.  We swooped by and picked her up and the four of us headed to downtown Boise to enjoy the beautiful day.
We all made it to the top.  It's not like the hike isn't tough enough without any extra weight, poor Steve had 27 pounds attached to him with Lucas on his back.  Lucas was enjoying the view as well as pulling Daddy's hair all the way up.

After we made it to the top, we rested for a bit and snapped a few photos.
When we got back into the car, we realized we didn't have enough time to take Amanda back home before we went and got the kids from school.  So she had to be dragged along.  Within several minutes of leaving Table Rock, Amanda was flailing her hands and arms in disgust.  Lucas had either farted or pooped his pants.  Either way, she was stuck sitting next to him for the remainder of our trip.  We picked up the kids and headed back home.  The kids were excited to have Amanda as our visitor on their ride home.  So much in fact, they were on their worst behavior possible.  Screaming, yelling, and fighting with one another.  I wouldn't be surprised if Amanda got a shoe to her extremities a couple of times with all of the commotion going on.  Me, I was trying to nicely (without sounding like the mom from hell) to break up the arguments, screaming, and yelling.  Steve?  Well, he decided to remain on his phone call with all of the chaos continuing around him.  How he could drive, carry on a conversation, and not kill us all was beyond my imagination.
We dropped Amanda off at her house.  I don't think I've ever seen someone get out of a car that fast...don't blame her.
As we all got settled into our house, I went and changed Lucas' diaper.  There was poop galore in his diaper.  Stinky poop too.  More stinky than usual.  And Amanda had to sit next to him for over 45 minutes breathing in the toxins.

I don't blame her if she doesn't want to ride with us ever again.  And I surely don't blame her if she never wants to even speak to me...ever!

2 comments:

  1. I think I can still taste Lucas' diaper in my mouth a little today. HA HA...J/K! It really wasn't that bad (aside from the initial whiff). Had a blast with you guys yesterday. Would do it again, poopy diaper and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drew and I have never done that hike- call us next time you go..

    ReplyDelete