Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pregnant Women Sexy?

I have hit a wall.  My wall being metaphoric of course.
This being my fifth and final pregnancy, (I swear, I swear, and then I swear some more) I have vowed to have it somehow be different than the other four.  Well, it's not starting out that way...not in any way, shape, or form!

I am constantly on the computer researching how I should feel, what I should be eating, what I should wear, what I shouldn't, etc.  You get the idea.  It's consuming me.  But what's consuming me more is my weight gain.  After countless research, I gained the knowledge you should gain only five to six pounds during the first trimester.  I am now approaching 14 weeks, which puts me just outside of the first trimester.  And I have gained six pounds to date.
Six pounds, she's on schedule, way to go.  No, I wish I felt that way.  But rather I feel like a whale already.  I'm positive it's because of the time of year.  Tank tops, shorts, flip flops, and less is best clothing when the sun's beating down on you.  Pair my extra weight with the above mentioned and you have the perfect recipe for feeling like a whale.

Instead of complaining about my current situation, which I've been doing for the past 14 weeks, I decided to do something about it.  Yep, I got off of my butt and knew I could make the best of the 25 weeks (ugh) I have left.  
First off, stop eating like a whale and maybe you'll stop looking like one.  Bowls upon bowls of Captain Crunch, ice cream with Reddi Whip sprayed over top, cookies dipped in chocolate milk, or even the numerous helpings of fast food.  It is all stopping!  Yes it is.  

Secondly, get your pregnant looking butt into gear.  Get off of the couch.  Take a walk, do some gardening, or my solution?


WATER AEROBICS!!  

My solution couldn't be more brilliant.  Getting exercise with a pool full of overweight older ladies?  They won't judge me.  They won't stare at my thighs jiggling under the water's surface. And they certainly won't try and one up me with an underwater bicep curl.

After a few stints in the pool, better eating, and being more aware that if I continue on my bad habits, I'll be over 200 pounds when I deliver, I can say I feel better emotionally, and the numbers on the scale are remaining still.

And I might even be able to say that, yes, pregnant women can be sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment