Friday, August 10, 2012

Blue or Pink?


Today we found out what Baby Hayes is going to be.  Boy or girl?  Blue or pink?  Firetrucks or baby dolls?




 By the looks of our bundle...it's a BOY!! 



Check out the video of Mr. Hayes


Steve and I were so set on this baby being a girl.  But last week, I was actually wishing for a boy.  Why you ask?  Well for several reasons.  
I knew if it was a boy, Lucas would have an amazing play buddy for the rest of his life.  Lucas and Baby Boy will be about 27 months apart.  Anthony and Juliebelle are 17 months apart.  And although they were extremely close as babies/toddlers, they're growing apart from each other as puberty is starting to rear it's ugly head.  So with Lucas' brother being close in age and a boy, I felt their bond would be much closer than if Baby Hayes was a girl.  
My other reason being, I saved all of Lucas' clothes.  How perfect.  And the boys' room?  Another perfect scenario.  Just add more firetrucks to the bedroom theme.  And even more perfect?  Lucas and his brother can room together...the older kids were fretting all about who was going to have to give up their private oasis.  Juliebelle was in tears the other night just thinking about having to give up her room.  I'm sure she's more than delighted it's a boy.  
Overall, having a boy is a much better economical route for us.  But, it might iron itself out with the broken arms, legs, and noses I'm sure are to be coming after the fights ensue with one  another.

Steve and I are so blessed Baby Boy is healthy!  We are thankful for the opportunity to be able to bring another precious life into this world who will have an over abundance of love, laughter, and the fortune of four older siblings.

7 comments:

  1. Hooray! I wished you had gotten to use your girl name choice, but I gotta say (and I'm biased), boys are awesome! God will bless the family and child no matter what! I can't wait to meet him...
    ~Sarah C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That good ol' Chinese calendar didn't work out this time haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! Another boy...let me just tell you that having another boy was so much easier since we already had everything...it will save you alot of money and extra stress:) Can't wait to hear what you are going to name him!

    Colette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great camera trick, they arrowed in on lil' baby Hayes thingy! So excited for you!
    Donna and Terry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, as a mother of three boys, I'm sure you are biased. Thanks for your well wishes. :)
    No, the calendar failed us this last and final time, but a failure we're more than delighted to have. :)
    Colette, to have the extra stress gone...awesome! A name? Ugh, that's becoming harder as the days go by. Good thing we have four months to contemplate our decision.
    Donna, his "thingy" is front and center! Thank you for pointing that out, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea you were preggers again! omg you're my hero! I love big families and am debating having more. It's a boy!!! Woot Woot!

      Delete
  6. Thanks Kami! The funny thing is, I never wanted a single child....and now I'm turning out to be Michelle Duggar! They are the best treasures and am grateful for each of them. :)

    ReplyDelete