Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Mom Gets Her Days Back

Today was the first day of school for the three older kids.

I saw Anthony at the bus stop.  Yeah, I tried to hide, but he spotted Lucas and me.  His bus was over 20 minutes late, so I ended up dropping him off in front of the school.  He was so worried about being late, as I was, but we got there safe and sound.  I had asked him if he wanted me to drop him off in the front or the side street, out of embarrassment of his mommy.  He chose the front.  Made me smile.




This is the shot I got of Anthony's first day of middle school.  I wouldn't have dared ask him to pose in front of my camera.

As I drove away, I admit, I sobbed.  No, I didn't shed a tear or two, cry, or even weep...I sobbed.  Don't ask me how I made it home through my water works...I don't even know.  But when I arrived home, I realized he's going to be okay.  He's going to do just fine.  I was happy to be able to be apart of his first day.  I was even so generous to my son, I gave him a whole dollar for the vending machines.  Talk about an elated child!  Score for Mom!

After I collected myself, I headed to the girls' school so I could see them off on their first day.  They were happy to see me, as I was them. 





They had their hair all dolled up, (thank you Step mom Molly for their dos) and they were as cute as can be!  I cannot do hair.  Plain and simple.  The girls will have barrettes or bows, but no braiding, crimping, or curling will be coming out of these hands.  I never had the skill and somehow when I try to learn now, there's no success.  I'm sure their teacher will know what weeks the girls are with their dad based off of their hair.

 

After pictures were snapped, hugs were given, and goodbyes said, Lucas and I set off on our day.  

 

**I will mention, absolutely no tears were shed in the departure of my girls.**

 

The feeling I had as I drove away from the school was of pure bliss, joy, excitement, and exhilaration.  I was a free mom for the rest of my day.  And when the kids come back Friday, and it's time for school again on Monday, I will have the same emotions once again.  For Mom gets her days back!  I get to spend time with just Lucas.  My house gets to stay clean from 9am-3pm.  I get time to prepare the evening's meal without whining, nagging, or fighting.  And I get to sit back and relish in the euphoria of being a stay at home mom...once again.

 

For now, I will embrace the goodness of this day.

4 comments:

  1. To celebrate, Chiller Channel has
    "Back to ghoul week!" I cracked up when I heard this! Of course it's loaded with zombie movies. Lots of fun in store! Congrats, you got through another summer!! I'm happy to know, Lil' Anthony is happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the times I wish we had cable...for Zombie movies!! Maybe Netflix will have something comparable for us to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seriously, could your children be any more gorgeous? geez

      Delete