Friday, November 16, 2012

In Remembrance...One Year



It was a year ago today that we lost you.  It has been a rough year.  It has been a year full of sorrow, grief, and mostly, a year of missing you.  Your voice, your laugh, your touch.


There are moments like anyone who's lost someone they love dearly, where I get heartbroken.  I get heartbroken because you're not here to see how great my life is and could have been with you in it.  I get heartbroken when I look at your grand babies and know they've missed an opportunity to have a wonderful, perfect, loving grandma.  I get heartbroken when I look at the amazing husband I have and know you'd love him to pieces and shower him with your abundance of hugs and kisses.  You'd be so proud of him Mom...how he's taken such great care of me and this wonderful family of ours.  And my mother-in-law?  Well, without a doubt I get heartbroken because I know you two would have been best of friends.   And Mom, I get so heartbroken when I see Dad and how much he misses you...every single day.


I do know that you are happier now.  You are free from the pain that once held you back from your full potential.  And I know that one day I'll get to see you once again.  For now, I only have my memories of you.  And they are good.  No, rather, they are spectacular.  Because no one can take them away from me.


I love you Momma Gail and want you to know I think about you...everyday.  Everyday is in remembrance of you.


July 10, 1946 - November 17, 2011

1 comment:

  1. That was really nice Angela. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

    Colette

    ReplyDelete