Sunday, June 16, 2013

Summer Glory

I know Summer doesn't officially start until June 21st, but it has in my book.  When school lets out, it has started.
This year I'm thrilled how things are moving along quite smoothly.  We are enjoying our afternoons at the pool.  Dillon is a water baby for sure.  I think this look explains it all.


Yes, he's sleeping.  And he'll stay that way until I get him out of the water.

Our garden is in full swing.  We're starting to reap the benefits of our my labors.  We should have tomatoes, zucchini, onions, basil, and corn here shortly.  We do however have an abundance of strawberries.


This is what I pick every other day.  Have you ever tasted a strawberry right from the vine that hasn't had an ounce of chemicals sprayed on it?  If you haven't, you're missing out!  I've been spoiled.  I will never buy them at the store again.  So I'm trying to harvest as many as I can to freeze for the colder months.
I think their amazing flavor might have something to do with Num-Num's droppings.  Yeah, I can't keep her out of that garden for the life of me. Oh well, "wash them well" is what I tell the kids before they take a bite.

We have trips planned for the summer including seeing Aunt Mo in LA, a Lagoon trip, visits to the yurt, and lots of swimming.  I'm looking forward to the lazy days of summer.  Who am I kidding?  Lazy?  I wish.  But memorable, fun, and entertaining?  You bet!

2 comments:

  1. Dillon and Keegan would make fantastic swim buddies! So cute! Those strawberries look amazing!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they would! Wish we lived closer.

    ReplyDelete