Saturday, September 7, 2013

I'm No Martha


I've had this craft idea in my head for over a year now.  Since it deals with crafts, that's where the idea usually stays put...in my head and never put to actual use.  I'll try to replicate an idea I've seen; whether it be sewing, drawing, cross stitch, etc., and it never, and I mean never turns out half of what my mind thinks it was going to.  So I get frustrated, usually pout about it, and then proceed to dislike every crafty woman I know and find something wrong with her.
Today my craft idea from way ago came full circle in my mind and I knew I had to give it a shot.  I had received a 20% coupon from JoAnn Fabrics last week.  I needed fabric for my project so I made a plan that today was the day.
I wrangled the boys in the car and picked out my main fabric then the coordinating colors.  I had a rough time with even that small of a craft task.  How hard should it be to pick out three designs/colors?  Hard apparently; I was in the store for over an hour!

Here's my three step project and how the final work turned out:




The framed fabric is hanging in Lauren's room above her bed.  That child desperately needed some decorating done to her room.  
I plan on adding a few more as I come across frames, but for now this is all my craft-less brain can handle.  As I said...I'm no Martha. 

4 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! Good job... and I am the same way in choosing fabric.. it takes forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! Glad to know I'm not the only one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable!!! I will definitely be stealing this idea for Magnolia's room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That makes me happy Kristen...to know that my craftiness was good enough to give you the incentive to make it yourself! YAY! Can't wait to see pictures when you're done.

    ReplyDelete