Monday, September 9, 2013

My Buddy



I was having a full fledged conversation with Lucas today.  I asked him after he woke up this morning what he'd like to do today.  He began to tell me that he wanted to go to our neighborhood playground, but that he didn't want to wear his clothes.  I came back with how he needed to at least wear undies and a shirt or undies and pants.  He and I continued to barter back and forth until he says, "Fine Mom, whatever."

It made me reflect on what a little boy he's becoming.  Not just six months ago, you could barely understand what he was saying, let alone more than two words put together.  But today made me realize he's growing up and becoming my little buddy.  

When Steve's at work and the girls are away, he truly is my best friend.  He'll tell me how I'm the smartest girl ever, he loves when I make him scrambled eggs, or even how he wants to kiss me because Daddy does and he loves his daddy too.  I'm so grateful for this little creature whom God has blessed me with.  I get sad when he's gone all day at preschool Tuesdays and Thursdays.  It's okay though, because I know that Miss Becca and Miss Hailey are enjoying him just as much as I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment