Friday, October 18, 2013

Cover Models



Would you look at this!  There lies a magazine cover with four of my five children on it.  I am very proud!  I know, I know, it's not Parents magazine or even  a well known high end children's magazine cover, but it's Idaho Family Magazine.  I am proud to see their faces on the cover, but I'm more proud that the editors of this great magazine chose my family!  The editor said they chose this image above all others because of the fall colors.  Having it be the cover for their October issue, this picture captured fall all so well.  Thank you Idaho Family Magazine for recognizing my children.

And a very proud side note, man, I'm full of them today: I have also been chosen to be a monthly contributor to this publication.  I can't be more elated!  Now you all will have my sarcasm, view points, and witty words right at your fingertips monthly.  My first article will be in their November issue.  My article is related to blended families.  Be on the lookout for my piece of that dysfunctional pie!  As a mother to five kids, a well balanced woman (sometimes), and an incredible wife to my supportive and handsome husband, I have some experience dealing with life...the short 35 years I've been here.  Let me know your thoughts, opinions, and ideas of what you'd like to see me write about in the upcoming issues of Idaho Family Magazine.  Nothing, and I mean nothing, is off limits to what my little fingers can type.
  

4 comments:

  1. WOW! what a great picture and how fun to have then on the cover... I rarely look thru that magazine, but now I will be a regular reader! Yay for you.. I have always thought you were good with writing your posts.. you have a great way of putting things, so you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, thank you so much for your support! I hope along with you, I will have loyal readers each month. I look forward to what I'll be writing about each time. P.S. You should submit a picture of your girls...they'd be beautiful cover models!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coolest thing ever! Congrats! And you being a monthly contributor... Perfect! You will rock and touch a lot of readers! The way you write is so fun, easy to read and witty. You have a way to highlight the mundane/hardships/highlights of life in a way that people can relate to. This is so cool! I wonder if I can read this magazine online... guess I have my project for the day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mrs. Maki! You are my personal cheerleader...many thanks!! I'm so happy to know that people (you and a small handful of others) enjoy my writing...more so my style of writing. I hope to touch others as well. In fact, I know I will because I'm open, raw, and beyond honest when it comes to issues we as mothers face every.single.day and are afraid to admit!! You can read the articles on their website: www.idahofamilymagazine.com Unfortunately, they are not up to date on their website, so if you want to email me your address, I'd be happy to send you their publications monthly. Angelahayes7@yahoo.com
    Thank you again for taking interest in what I have to say and being so supportive of my direction!

    ReplyDelete