Monday, February 10, 2014

Afternoon Date




It was Steve's turn to plan our bi-monthly date.  I was anxious to see what we were going to do.  When I heard we were going to snowshoe...I jumped for joy!  

We loaded up the car with our supplies and made the trek to Bogus.  The drive was beautiful and actually breathtaking with the amazing views of the valley down below.  As we made our way to the resort, we passed the look-out spot we visited on our very first date.  I smiled as I reminisced about the first day it really "all began."  He cracked a smile too...I think.

The snow was glorious for snowshoeing.  We spent the next hour and a half laughing, reconnecting, getting to be outdoors, and also getting the chance to have it be "just us."

We headed to sushi for our early dinner.  Again, we ordered way too much, but left happy and full, then drove to a place that serves gelato.   We were newbies in that department, and we weren't let down.  It was so great!  Much better than traditional ice cream.

A successful date for sure!  It's my turn to plan next.  I have a few ideas up my sleeve; ones that will challenge us, connect us, and hopefully  reunite us from all the busyness life can bring.

Thank you Grandma Collie for watching the boys.


2 comments:

  1. So fun- I have never gone- it's on my bucket list.... We just a bought a group-on for a ropes course and dinner... we should do it together- it would be a fun double date!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, yes, that sounds like fun! Trying new things is my goal. Staying in my "comfortable zone" is much easier, but I'm realizing it's not as much fun!

      Delete