Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Days #4, #5, and #6



Day four of our journey through Lent was a letter or email of thankfulness to someone.  I chose to write an email to my best friend of 25 years.  It was an opportunity for me to tell her my gratefulness towards her, my appreciation for all she has done, and how blessed I am to have her:



Days five and six were spent giving to others through donating.  Our church is collecting canned soup for the Meridian Food Bank for the month of February.  While doing our weekly grocery shopping, I picked up a few cans.  I'm not sure if someone will have a palate for tomato basil, but it sure looked yummy:



Another donation was to the Boise Rescue Mission.  When I have used clothes or baby items to say goodbye to, I almost always trade them in for credit at a children's consignment store.  That way I receive store credit towards newer clothes for the boys.  But this donation, I wanted it to go towards something else.  I have volunteered my time at the BRM several times.  I have seen firsthand the affects of being homeless and how a simple pair of shoes, a hot meal, or even a clean toothbrush can change someone's day in such a promising way.  I donated our high chair and a large bag of clothes Dillon has grown out of.  I know they can desperately use the high chair when babies or young children visit the mission for a meal.  And to know children will be able to use clothes my boys wore at some point - priceless to me:

 


2 comments:

  1. That email made my day, actually my life! :) keep up the amazing job Hayes Fam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love making your life better. ;)

      Delete