Sunday, July 26, 2015

Growing Up


For the past two years, I've had to do my grocery shopping solo, sans kids.  I have tried in the past, but inevitably, Dillon tries to crawl out of the shopping cart to set himself free.  Having to deal with his tantrums of being forced back into the cart would leave me more than always forgetting something on my list.  So Grandma Collie has been gracious enough to watch him for me for the past two years.
Friday, I decided to try visiting the grocery store, but having Dillon come along this time.  Maybe his ripe ol' age of two-and-a-half has matured him.  I couldn't have been more pleased with how things turned out!
I loaded him into the race car version of the shopping cart at Freddy's.  By the way, are there any other parents on this Earth puzzled as how to steer those dang things?  Almost always I ram into the bread stand or run over someone's foot trying to push those tanks.  As Dillon was locked and loaded into the cart, I started my list.  As I pushed him past the deli section, he knew the free sugar cookie was just down the isle a ways.  He yells out, "Ookie Mommy, ookie!"  I grabbed him his cookie and he sat the entirety of our trip.  He also insisted on wearing his shades into the store as well, and throwing his hand high into the air throwing out hey's and hi's to whoever passed his way.  
I smiled from ear to ear due to my joy in such a little circumstance.  After I loaded him into the car to leave, I looked at him and gave him a smile.  I told him how proud of him I was for being such a wonderful and well behaved boy.  He smiled back at me and asked for another ookie.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment